This is a super easy ONE bowl apple cake. The prep time is super fast and you literally only need one bowl to whip everything up. It’s so delicious, we just ate it up in my house!
- 3 Apples (I used granny smith apples)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Melted Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Applesauce
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon (add more if you’d like!)
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350′ F
- Melt the unsalted butter in the microwave and set aside
- Peel, core, and cut apples into small cubes. I used a peeler and apple slicer to make this super fast. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and brown sugar until foamy
- Add the melted butter and applesauce into the mixing bowl and stir until it’s well mixed in.
- Whisk in the flour, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon.
- Add apple cubes into the mixing bowl and make sure all apple cubes are mixed with the batter.
- Grease your cake pan and pour batter in. I used an 8 inch round pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Then poke with a knife to make sure it’s fully baked. The knife should come out clean with no batter.
- After it cools a bit, you can serve it “plain,” with icing, or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!