My favorite baked good to make when bananas are overly ripe is banana bread. It’s super easy to make, minimum number of ingredients needed, and perfect during all seasons. You don’t really need a mixer, everything can be mixed into one bowl, and the ingredients can be a little flexible.
This recipe baked one loaf. And received the Mike seal of approval 🙂
- 3 ripped bananas
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- a “pinch” of salt
- 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (I typically use vanilla extract but I only had almond and it turned out delicious!)
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease pan with a butter stick or spray.
- Mash bananas in a bowl, and mix in the melted butter.
- Mix in baking soda, salt, sugar, egg, and almond extract, and lastly flour.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Once the hour is reached, insert a knife or tooth pick into the bread to ensure it is fully baked.
Let me know if you follow this recipe! If you’re feeling spontaneous, try adding chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins into the batter.