Buying new furniture for your place is always an investment! And because I am a budgetnista I had to assess all of my options. I spent several hours one morning looking online at Overstock, Wayfair, Ikea, Amazon, Target, Walmart, etc. I screenshot all of the options I liked and then had Mike help me narrow them down. After all, it’s his house too so I guess he should have some say in it lol
A few things I was looking for in a bench includes:
- Ability to be able to sit on it
- Must have cubbies for shoes (trying to keep the entrance clutter-free)
- Preferably in the color white
- Basket/drawers options
- Washable cushion
- Under $200 (I can’t believe how expense benches can be)
THE CHOSEN ONE: 6 Pair Shoe Storage Bench by Darby Home Co. from Wayfair
- I usually fit a pair per cubbie so technically it holds more than 6 pairs
- Originally: $174~
- With discount code: $162~ and free shipping (tip: ALWAYS look for a discount code)
Putting furniture together is not for the weak. We definitely got in an argument. Anyone else’s significant other not read the directions? I mean, guys…. the instruction manual is pretty helpful. We also added small adhesive felt pads on the bottom of the baskets to avoid any scratches from the wicker basket material.
Diggy also loved the leftover cardboard box. He was definitely the cutest assistant.